Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blog #3 Shitty First Drafts


  The article “Shitty First Drafts” is about an author named Anne Lamott and her writing experiences. She talks about how hard it is to start writing, how hard it is to get those first words on paper. Eventually after writing your shitty first draft, a better second draft, you get a great third draft.

I absolutely loved this article. I thought it was hilarious! I was laughing pretty much the whole time I was reading it. I also like the title, I think it’s very catchy. I agree with her, first drafts are hard and shitty. I can never figure out how to start a paper or anything I have to write about. I’m having that problem right now. -_-  I always find myself changing my first paragraph like 20 times, and sometimes after changing it twenty times I go back to the first paragraph I had in the first place. I feel like whatever I write is going to be horrible and make no sense. I like how she talks about your first draft being the “child’s draft”, and that no one will ever see your first draft. It’s nice to know that even the best writers have trouble getting there words on paper and struggle to get a good result. Unless god hates them, just kidding. 







No comments:

Post a Comment