Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blog #5 Ipod World

The reading I chose is named "iPod World: The End of Society" by Andrew Sullivan. The reading talks about how times have changed a lot and people tune out of the real world into their iPod's. It talks about how people are turning anti social and focusing on their music instead on whats going on in the world around them. I agree with Andrew Sullivan. I think that a lot of people are very anti social because of all the technology going on around us. When you get on a bus it is so quiet and everyone has head phones on. If you go to the gym everyone is listening to music. Technology is just changing people overall. Like with social networks, everyone is so outgoing and can say anything that comes  to mind, but when it comes down to talking to someone in person they are way to shy or cant say exactly what they want to say. I guess I'm like that in a way. I don't like talking out loud in class, I'm always scared to say the wrong thing or that what I will say will make no sense but on here I can write and say things easily. I just hope that technology doesn't ruin our society too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment