The article I read is named Facebook in a crowd by Hal Niedzviecki. The article talks about a guy who had about 700 friends online but not many friend to hang out with, so he decided to have a party to meet new people. Out of his 700 friends fifteen people said they were attending about 60 said maybe, the rest said no or ignored it. Out of his 700 friends only one person showed up. I think this article was funny because its so true. There is people out there that have way to many Facebook friends but outside of that are very lonely. I have a little bit over 500 friends and out of those 500 friends talk to about 50 online and hang out with maybe 10 outside of that, and one is my mom! Sad i know. Some people think they are so cool because they have a ton of friends on Facebook or followers on Twitter, but to me that means nothing if you have no one to hang out with or go have a nice lunch with. In my opinion some people are way different online than in person. I also do not understand how some people can meet people online and be the best of friends with them with out ever had met them in person or have any mutual friends have met them in person, that's scary and I think that's how people go missing!


No comments:
Post a Comment