Thursday, February 21, 2013

Blog #8: Is Google Making Us Stupid?

The article "Is Google Making Us Stupid" by Nicholas Carr talks about how through out time we have changed the way we read. He talks about how hard it is to read an article without losing your concentration. He also talks about the way we do our research has changed. We use to have to go to the library and read through books and hand write our research and it use to take hours. Now we can find answers to what we are looking for in a matter of seconds. I agree that it is very hard to sit and read and try to concentrate on just one thing. I cant do it. I always say that I need a break and I go check my Facebook, or go grab something to eat. Then when I am back from my break i have to take another second to post a picture of it on Instagram or a status on Facebook about how boring the reading is. I am so thankful that times have changed and research is so fast and easy to find. I would hate having to sit and look for information book after book. I don't think Google is making us stupid. I think its just making us very lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment